Computer Science PhD candidate at Stony Brook University
email: smadaminov at cs dot stonybrook dot edu
I am a fourth-year PhD candidate at Stony Brook University and a member of COMPAS lab advised by Prof. Mike Ferdman.
My research interests are lie broadly in areas of Computer Architecture, Operating Systems, FPGAs, Networking (especially SDN), Algorithms and Data Structures, Computational Biology, and Distributed Systems. I am particularly interested in how those different topics can be combined together.
I did my Master's degree in Moscow, Russia. And during my studies I spent one semester at MIT. Prior joining Stony Brook University I spent one year at Cisco Systems in San Jose, CA.
Link to my CV.
CSE 101: Introduction to Computers
CSE 114: Computer Science I
CSE 307: Principles of Programing Languages
CSE 308: Software Engineering
CSE 312: Legal, Social, and Ethical Issues in Information Systems
CSE 336: Internet Programming
CSE 506: Operating Systems
CSE 320: Systems Fundamentals II in Spring 2018 (95 students)
CSE 320: Systems Fundamentals II in Spring 2019 (60 students)
- Lomonosov Moscow State University: Specialist degree in Mathematics
- Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology: MSc in Information Science and Technology/Mathematics and Computer Science
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology: MSc in Applied Mathematics and Physics
List of Publications
- Sorting Large Data Sets with FPGA-Accelerated Samplesort (2019)
Han Chen, Sergey Madaminov, Michael Ferdman and Peter Milder, In 25th IEEE International Symposium on Field
Programmable Custom Computing Machines (FCCM), 2017. Accepted as a poster.
- Comprehensive Framework for Sorting Benchmarks (2019)
Sergey Madaminov, In Proceedings of the VLDB 2019 PhD Workshop, August 26th, 2019. Los Angeles, California.
- FPGA-Accelerated Samplesort for Large Data Sets (2020)
Han Chen, Sergey Madaminov, Michael Ferdman, Peter Milder, In Proceedings of the 2020 ACM/SIGDA International Symposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA'20),
February 23--25, 2020, Seaside, CA, USA.
- A Scheduling Approach to Incremental Maintenance of Datalog Programs (2020)
Shikha Singh, Sergey Madaminov, Geoffrey Washburn, Ryan Johnson, Hung Ngo, Dung Nguyen, Soeren Olesen, Kurt
Stirewalt, Michael A. Bender, Michael Ferdman, Benjamin Moseley, In Proceedings of the IEEE International Parallel &
Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), May 18-22, 2020, New Orleans, Louisiana USA.
- Flick: Fast and Lightweight ISA-Crossing Call for Heterogeneous-ISA Environments (2020)
Shenghsun Cho, Han Chen, Sergey Madaminov, Michael Ferdman, Peter Milder, In Proceedings of the 47th IEEE/ACM International Symposium
on Computer Architecture (ISCA), May 30-June 3, 2020, Valencia, Spain.
- OJSC Vimplecom, Contractor, October 2010 -- June 2011
- Cisco Systems, CIIP Intern, August 2015 -- July 2016
- VMware, Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2020